Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I Was Featured on a Segment on 'Help Me Howard': Howard investigates private investigators accused of keeping their client’s cash

In Jan. 2016, I was interviewed by the ‘Help Me Howard’ program which is featured on Channel 11 news (at night). This interview was shown on a Fri. night in Jan. probably on 1/22. Howard interviewed me about a NY debt collection firm that I used to assist in collecting Judgments in NY. This process is sometimes called ‘Judgment enforcement’ or ‘Judgment execution.’ Once a creditor is awarded a Judgment from any Court, even outside of NY, the debtor/defendant can still refuse to pay it. Then instead of the creditor/plaintiff using the Sheriff’s Office (in the suburbs) or the NYC Marshal’s Office in New York City, the plaintiff/creditor can hire an aggressive debt collection lawyer like me to actually collect upon their Judgment, meaning convert it into $$$. A money Judgment is just a piece of paper from Court and if you have a Judgment, you’ll quickly see that it is of no use for paying any bills.


In this interview, I explain how this particular debt collection firm that I used to assist (but thankfully no more) admitted to me that after successfully collecting a Judgment for 1 of their clients, the company actually used the money for themselves instead of sending the proceeds (the amount of the Judgment) to their own client. I had nothing to do with this transaction, they did it on their own. What they did is nothing less than stealing, it is totally wrong, and when that client complained to the ‘Help Me Howard’ show, I said that I confronted this debt collection firm on my own before he contacted me and told them that they had stolen money and had committed ‘grand larceny in the 4th degree,’ which in NY is an E felony. When the Help Me Howard program contacted me, I immediately agreed to be interviewed about this colossal mess. 

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW 

No comments:

Post a Comment